I am a partner and head of our Personal Injury and Accident Claims department and has three decades of experience.
I am rated in Chambers & Partners 2016 Edition for representing clients with serious head and back injuries, as well as families of fatally injured victims. Respected by market sources for my fierce litigation style, I have been described as: "an Amazonian litigator who fights like Boadicea for her clients."
I have particular expertise in product liability cases including successful claims against Dunlop, concerning their flawed SP4 tyres and Ford, concerning their Explorer. I also have unique knowledge and insights as to the effects of serious pain conditions such as Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS).
I have gone on to secure several millions of pounds in damages for my clients whilst obtaining the best treatment and support, by using funding from liable insurers to ensure injured victims are able to return to their careers, or find new avenues.
Recent awards include:
- £1.27 million awarded to a 56 year-old-man suffering brain injury when hit by a wing mirror on a motor vehicle.
- £820,000 was awarded for a car driver in a rear end collision causing jaw, shoulder and back injuries to a trainee GP, delaying her qualification. The clients’s previous solicitors had failed to recognise the huge potential for the claim. Following transfer to Kay, specialist experts addressed the various aspects of the claim and made full provision for future needs.
- £500,000 for an injured woman who developed CRPS following an injury at work caused by an injury.
- £450,000 for a mother whose husband was killed when a defective tractor rolled over him whilst he was working on it.
- £197,000 paid to a pedestrian struck by a car on a zebra crossing who suffered a severely broken leg and psychological consequences.
- £135,000 for whiplash and psychological trauma caused to a passenger in a motor vehicle that was struck in the rear by a lorry. Previous solicitors had advised acceptance of an offer amounting of £35,000 but following the transfer to Kay McCluskey, the full value of the claim was recognised.
I am a Trustee and sit on the fundraising committee for Headway Bristol, the charity for victims of brain injury. I was formerly a President of the Bristol Medico-Legal Society having previously held the post of legal secretary for almost 10 years. I am also a member of member of APIL.